Step-by-Step Guide: Applying for the Civil Service Exam (CSE-PPT) - Everything You Need to Know
N. Banos (2023 updated)
The Civil Service Exam (CSE-PPT) is a government exam that is used to assess the knowledge and skills of individuals who are interested in working in the Philippine government. The exam is divided into two levels: Professional and Subprofessional. If you are interested in taking the Civil Service Exam (CSE-PPT), you can apply online through the Civil Service Commission (CSC) website. The application process is simple and straightforward, and it can be completed in a few minutes. In this article, we will walk you through the steps on how to apply for the Civil Service Exam (CSE-PPT) online. We will also provide you with some tips to help you make the application process as smooth as possible.
Who Can Take the CSE-PPT
- Filipino Citizen, at least 18 years old, and of good moral character.
- Has no criminal record, or has not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
- Has not been dishonorably discharged from military service, or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government.
- Has not taken the same level of career service examination within three (3) months from the last examination taken.
1. Fully accomplished application form (CS Form No.100 Revised September 2016).
Note that the spaces for “Signature of Applicant” and “Right Thumbmark” on the form should be left blank. These shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC processor.
Form can be downloaded HERE
2. Four (4) copies of ID pictures
- The Pictures must be identical.
- Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- White Background
- Printed on good quality photo paper.
- Must be taken within three months before appication
- Face and head must occuppy 80% of the photo with name tag 1 inches or 2.54 cm below the chin.
- No eyeglasses or any accessories that may cover the facial features.
- Ears must be visibe (both left and right).
- The applicant must be directly facing the camera with neutral facial expression and both eyes open.
- Not computer enhanced
- Name tag:
- Hanwritten (not computer-generated)
- Format: First Name, Middle Intial, Last Name and Extension Name
- Signature over printed name.
3. Original and photocopy of any valid ID
The valid ID must contain:
- applicant’s clear picture
- date of birth
- signature of the authorized head of the issuing agency.
Acceptable Valid ID's
- Driver's License
- SSS ID
- Philhealth ID
- Current Company/Office ID
- Current School ID
- Postal ID
- BIR ID
- Barangay ID
- Voters ID
- Valid Passport
- Police Clearance
- Other IDs lacking information, particularly the applicant’s date of birth, should be supported by Birth certificate issued/authenticated by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) or Local Civil Registrar (LCR)
4. Download application form from the CSC website (www.csc.gov.ph)
Form can be downloaded HERE
5. Submit accomplished application form without affixing signature and thumbprint
6. Affix signature and thumbprint on the form in the presence of Action Officer
7. Pay the examination fee
8. Present OR with the processed application form.